Yes, another backpack blower thread

What's the best BP blower on the market today?

• Shindaiwa EB802

Votes: 22 37.9%
  • Redmax EBZ8050/EBZ8001

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • Echo PB-770

Votes: 19 32.8%

• Total voters

chuacro

LawnSite Senior Member
I got the eb802 today. I looked at 600 mag ,echo 770 and the redmax 8050. I just went with the comments on this site for a good machine.

gocutthegrass

LawnSite Member
While I always enjoyed my Echo and Redmax blowers, I have been running only Kawasaki KRB750's for four years, and I can't praise them enough. Plenty of power. I never find myself doing a cleanup and wishing the blower had more power. Plus, my first one from 2007 has a ridiculous amount of hours on it, and I can still just pull the cord and go every time. The 750's are very reliable, and plenty powerful blowers.

OP
B

blsnelling

LawnSite Member
The new adjustable carb just came in. It is indeed identical to the original in every way, except it's fully adjustable. With the original carb it was turning 7200 RPMs. With the new carb, the RPMs max out at 7400 and I tuned it to 7300. I removed the air filter and it maxes out at 7500, and tuned it to 7400. I'm not going to put a v-stack and K&N filter on this thing for 100 RPMs. I put the air filter back on and retuned to 7300 RPMs.

This means that the original carb is more than sufficient for the muffler mod, or porting as well. It's actually 100 RPMs richer than necessary, even with porting. I just like knowing that I can always adjust the carb as needed.

mictrik

LawnSite Member
The new adjustable carb just came in. It is indeed identical to the original in every way, except it's fully adjustable. With the original carb it was turning 7200 RPMs. With the new carb, the RPMs max out at 7400 and I tuned it to 7300. I removed the air filter and it maxes out at 7500, and tuned it to 7400. I'm not going to put a v-stack and K&N filter on this thing for 100 RPMs. I put the air filter back on and retuned to 7300 RPMs.

This means that the original carb is more than sufficient for the muffler mod, or porting as well. It's actually 100 RPMs richer than necessary, even with porting. I just like knowing that I can always adjust the carb as needed.

Well I have a few questions regarding your modifications.

1) On the muffler, did you remove the internal tail pipe, arrestor screen and the cover? Did you open up or otherwise modify the muffler in any other way?

2) How much did you open up the ports and did you open up all of the ports?

3) I am considering purchasing the adjustable carb myself, Do you think it will offer a performance gain without porting? That is along with a muffler mod.

Kartanimal29

LawnSite Member

This is for the 770 ?

Hughes Landscaping

LawnSite Member
I have both the Stihl 600 Magnum and the Redmax EBZ8050. As far as power goes, there is no comparison. The Redmax could blow a freakin' building down. The only draw back with the 8050 is the weight. That sucker is HEAVY! The Stihl is light and comfortable, but if you are looking for a blower that will move some leaves in a hurry, I highly recommend the EBZ8050.

GrassesGuy

LawnSite Senior Member
personally i don't like backpack blowers...i worked for a guy before and we used them...nothing worse than the feeling of putting that thing on when it's 100 degrees outside lol....handheld all the way for me...works just as good

I agree but on huge jobs backpacks a must, but I limit using them when I can.

Top Forums