Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm IN! Finally got a REAL commercial mower. I'm sorry for beleiving that the Scag is a real mower... it's NOT! This eXmark 52" Turf Tracer with 17hp Kaw twin will run circles around the Scag...Just awesome machine. Feels lighter because the hydros are more responsive and the ProSlide pulls the front up too much (needs adjusted in the mounting holes thats all) don't like the safety switch bars digging in my hands, other than that I can't say enough good about this thing.. Mikey now will you lay off :D
Pete you are missing out....
John, well, your right these aren't toys :p but they're fun ;)

It handles nicely, mowed full speed through my somewhat tall lawn with ease, no missed grass, no clumps, just awesome mowing machine... needs an OCDC to control all that discharge though, it throws twice as far as the Scag. Superb machine. Love it!

Tire Vehicle Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yeah, it's a '99. I thought it was a TTHP but I see nowhere it says "HP". Anyone know if they made a 17hp manual blade clutch TT in '99?

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You won't beleive what a deal I got on it.... well I thought it was a good deal.

This was weettt grass..... I've yet to perfect the overlap on it, still in the mindset of driving that Scag... thats a garden in the foreground (weedy veggy garden).

Thanks Pat.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Nice machine, congrats! What are your plans for the old Scag? Did you trade it, or are you going to keep it as a backup?

·
Registered
965 Posts
Hey BHB, ya tryin ta get on our good side now???;)

Good purchase! You wont be dissapointed.. I can see by the pics that yer pretty proud of it..

Ebay is always lookin for a few tired scags!:D

·
Registered
13,488 Posts
Sweet machine! Yes, it is a TTHP, and a nice one. Best of both worlds, and congratulations! You deserve it. Just wait until Fall, and see how this thing moves some leaves. You'll be lovin' life! Keep it up.;)
BS, I think the reason his lense was all messed up was from his tears of joy!:D

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Ok ok ok, got a "real" mower..........

The regular TT has electric start, hour meter, one piece that goes over the hydros' wide stance. etc... I can pic the 2 out while their going 70mph down the opposite direction on the highway.......

NOW LEAVE THE MOWER ALONE, it cuts just fine the way it is, I will only allow you to run double blades.

·
Registered
7,940 Posts
FSM,

Go out an buy some NEW Excalibur notched foils for it. Money well spent.

As for the Operator presence levers digging in.....The OLDER models never had them ;)

The pistol grips will take some time and calouses to get used to, but it sounds like you want the ECS retrofitted.

Will we see the Franken Scag on Ebay soon?

New name???:confused:

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Originally posted by FrankenScagMachines
I'm IN! Finally got a REAL commercial mower. I'm sorry for beleiving that the Scag is a real mower... it's NOT!
Finally....... Now, go apologize to LGF, since he's been right all along.:D :D
Also, as I tried to tell you, now that the TT has a wider stance, you'll have to learn true zero turns instead of those "kiddy turns" you were making with the Scag. Seriously, the small rear wheel width of the Scag allowed you to fake zero turn, which I realized, since you weren't slowing down (don't listen Ultimate lawns) (G).
And, when you ain't doing anything, throw that Bullrider on and start playing with backup, donuting, going up to trees pivoting backwards. The 17 will pull the doubles, but not in heavy grass, especially with the proslide. Good luck,
Pete

1 - 20 of 147 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.