1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Yext wants $450 dollars for seo citations! Is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by TexTerrain, Jan 19, 2017.

1. thenry66930

thenry66930 LawnSite Member
    Male

Yeah, after I posted I reread it more thoroughly. Thanks!

2. MySprinklerMedic

MySprinklerMedic LawnSite Member
    Male, from North Houston

I guess im the only one who uses there services...huh?

3. treeremovalalb

treeremovalalb LawnSite Member

I haven't posted in a while, but I can add some value here. My SEO guy explained a couple things about citations, so I'll get the main points across as best as I can remember:
    - Yext creates and manages less than 100 citations when you sign up, so they're not the end-all solution
    - The majority of companies (Whitespark included) charge a one-time fee, so it's better to go with a one-time fee citation provider. No one wants a recurring annual fee of $400 or more.
    - Problem with Whitespark is that it's $5/citation. That's a lot of $$$ if you order any significant amount of them.

My guy had a few hundred of them done for me and he charged me $3/citation. I think he said he's got a friend at Whitespark. Anyways, he also sent me this list in case I wanted to do more on my own. The post below had a ton of directories and spots to list (and you could download the excel sheet with them all):

http://www.digiflymarketing.com/526-citation-sources-for-local-seo/

There's a lot of them in that list though, so I didn't really solve the time problem you were concerned about, but at least you have more places to get them from :laugh:

4. Chelmsford Pro

Chelmsford Pro LawnSite Member

I try to do all my SEO myself and citations are time-consuming so I am doing them myself now but have a lead on a company that does manual citations for a one time fee I may be working with.

5. Ready to Mow

Ready to Mow LawnSite Silver Member

I had this guy named Charlie Yext blowing up my phone trying to get me to pay $400 or whatever, same with the home advisor guys. I'm pretty sure it was a scam so be careful.

6. Steve's Yard Care

Steve's Yard Care LawnSite Member

SEO has changed over the years, it was purely a linkback system but not it's about content included with the linkback. Quality over quantity seems to be preferred by Google at the moment.

adding links like this - lawn care - yard care - grass mowing - grass cutting - hedge trimming - snow removal etc etc to blogs and on page on your websites also helps out immensely...

PS don't copy and paste those links as they are directed to my website, it won't do you any favours. Just to give you a general idea, if you need help with this I can help.

7. Rubmyrock

Rubmyrock LawnSite Member

Let me know who it is. I need some links for my new Orlando Pest Control site. www.orlandopestcontrol.com

8. Heritage Lawns

Heritage Lawns LawnSite Member
    Male, from Olathe, KS

Yext can be worth it for a local business in a competitive market, but if you cancel it (it is $450/yr, not a one-time fee) you lose your listings, and I believe their are less expensive ways to do without going 100% manual.

We personally like a service on Konker that does 50 citations (mix of dofollow and nofollow links from actual websites) for $20. If you search on Konker it is the one that says [Recommended By Kotton Grammer]. We have used this and seen good results with it. See our rankings for "lawn care olathe ks" and "lawn care kansas city".

After that we prefer to do some manual submissions or maybe Moz Local for $99, since it submits your website to all 4 major data aggregators. Doing these 2 is still almost 3x less than the cost of Yext, and your listings stay. Hope this helps and best of success!

-Heritage Lawns & Irrigation