• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Yikes!!!!!!!!!

Idealtim

LawnSite Senior Member
What has been your biggest fuel bill for one stop at a gas station? My personal best has been set this week at $166.72 for a whopping 58.5 gallons. Probly doesn't sound like a lot to some of you big guys that have 4 or 5 mowers on a trailer alone, but you have to remember that I am solo and only run a rider and a wb. That 58.5gal went into both tanks on the truck, filled the empty wb, filled the empty rider, and filled two 5 gal cans and two 2.5 gal cans for mix. Probly one of the most expensive stops for me this year just because everything was bone dry when I stopped. I usually don't run things dry, but the equip just got dewinterized, and the truck just was very low anyways. So how much have you spent at a single stop?

JKOOPERS

LawnSite Bronze Member
never understood why some people have so many gas cans. do you think you could burn all that gas in one day?

KS_Grasscutter

LawnSite Gold Member
never understood why some people have so many gas cans. do you think you could burn all that gas in one day?
I use gas cans so that I don't really have to stop and get gas but once every 2-3 weeks.

Dirt Digger2

LawnSite Silver Member
we had two pumps going...1 for the jeep,1 for the boat...combined was in the $180 range

JKOOPERS

LawnSite Bronze Member
why not just get a tank in the back of the truck then. the other day i saw a guy that had over 10 gas cans in the basket on the front of trailer.

Dirt Digger2

LawnSite Silver Member
why not just get a tank in the back of the truck then. the other day i saw a guy that had over 10 gas cans in the basket on the front of trailer.
most of those transfer tanks legally wont take gasoline...and if they did i wouldn't want to pump it with some of those old pumps and shotty wiring

OP
Idealtim

Idealtim

LawnSite Senior Member
I never consittered 4 ALOT of gas cans. Once I get some money to kick around, I'll probly buy two of those 15 gallon fuel stations and put them on the trailer rack. One for mix, one regular. I don't like to go to the gas station more times than I should have to, and carrying what I carry by the time the cans are empty, it's about time for the truck to be filled again. I don't know about 2-3 weeks, but more than a week.

KS_Grasscutter

LawnSite Gold Member
What brand of fuel stabilizer are you using?
Fuel stabilizier? Hell, I don't even use stabilizer over the winter in anything and haven't ever had a problem. Don't see how I could even begin to need it for keeping fuel just 2 weeks...