1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Yikes!

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by zedosix, Jul 9, 2012.

1. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

My guys were complaining about getting bee stung when they got to the yard to unload their trucks. :)

061.jpg

2. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

That looks like a fuel filler lid...it looks to be a very large nest though...I have no sense of scale.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. zedosix

5" wide approx.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

the bees in my area seem to be more previlent then usual, maybe due to the warm winter.

Yesterday I grabbed a step ladder to use today and was greeted by a small nest under one of the steps!
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. jbailey52

jbailey52 LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm assuming you dont fuel up much

6. zedosix

It stays at the shop most of the time likely only put 10 hrs this year on it
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. zedosix

One of my guys was stung 5 times last week, 4 the first time then about an hour later he was stung by 1. Man was he pissed. Its due to the extreme dry weather from what I gather.

8. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

The machine in the picture is a Gehl. Not sure what engine it has.

I too have a Gehl, with the Deutze (sp) engine. 65 HP (I think). It sips fuel. While our Cat (of equal size) guzzles!

9. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

That looks more like a hornets nest.

10. zedosix

I believe they are "bald faced hornets" quite angry ones too. This morning just about 6am I thought I could catch them sleeping but they were already coming and going, so I drove within 5' opened my truck window and gave them a blast. One almost got inside my truck, man they were mad. I won though:weightlifter:
    Yes Andrew that gehl has a deutz motor and its quite good on fuel. This one is the 5640 turbo. (82hp)