1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

You gotta be kidding me

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by soloscaperman, Apr 22, 2009.

1. soloscaperman

soloscaperman LawnSite Gold Member

The dealers told me I can't fix the nipple on the canister wheel on the mower where you grease it and I had to buy a $75 front rim and tire on my Walker!!

There were no threads on the nipple and its a pressed versus threaded which people hated.

Who sells rims with the canister under $75?????????

I went to three dealers one was an Exmark dealer.

All this because I bought a cheap Grease gun and it Fuc*** up my nipple. Who sells good grease guns??????

2. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Try and get a grease gun pin you maybe able to push it into the fitting.

3. Looking Good Lawn Service

Looking Good Lawn Service LawnSite Senior Member

you could also thread the hole with a tap and die tool and now screw your new nipple in:)

4. LushGreenLawn

LushGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

Time to find a new dealer. The dealer should have offered to thread the hole and put a fitting in. You have a lazy dealer.

5. 4.3mudder

4.3mudder LawnSite Silver Member

I have done that a couple times. I think it is an 8/32 tap. 7 is better than 75

6. threeleafllc

threeleafllc LawnSite Member

were are you in ct?
    if your close go to sno-white power equipment in planville there good people..They will get you back up and running with just about any product you bring...
    Or if this helps i have a parts exmark out in back of my shop ill give you the wheel cheap if it fits..
    And buy a grease gun from napa the one with the blue handle,there not cheap but they las forever..
    Allen

7. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I agree, there was a different solution to your problem then selling you a new wheel!

8. 4.3mudder

4.3mudder LawnSite Silver Member

maybe they are hurting for biz.

9. GPDesign1

GPDesign1 LawnSite Senior Member

Agreed. This is a fifty-cent fix that woulda taken about five minutes to do. Dealer took advantage on this one.

10. soloscaperman

soloscaperman LawnSite Gold Member