1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

You raked up the leaves!!??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by desert rose gardening, Oct 20, 2006.

1. desert rose gardening

desert rose gardening LawnSite Senior Member

Me and my girlfriend just got back from Indiana visiting my brother and his wife, we got to stay at his in-laws lake house for two nights, so for a thank you for letting us stay at this beautiful lake house for free for two nights I would surprise them and do a leaf clean up for for them. After all thats what I here you guys talk about this time of year. We live and work in San Diego so we don't do leaf clean-ups. I can't find a rake on there property "should of been my first sign" so I go buy a 32 inch rake a box of bags and a few hours later I got this big pile of bags stuffed with leaves. I pat my self on the back and say good job! they will appreciate this! So I call my brother, Hey Dave I raked up all the leave for them, where should I put all these bags? He go's they don't rake the leaves... I go what they Don't rake the leaves!? What do you mean I thought everybody rakes up the leaves out here! He go's they don't and they never have. I say well now they have 10 giant bags of leaves in their front yard, they do have a truck don't they, then they can take the bags to their city house and the trash man can take the bags, No they don't have a truck! My brother says bring to my house and I'll put them out for my trash man. I go Dave I'm in a rental car! and you live two hours away! I say should I tear open the bags and spread the leaves all over the yard again! Jezz! So I crammed two bags in the rental car and left the other bags there. I wonder if we will get invited back to the lake house again!

2. ECS

ECS LawnSite Bronze Member

LMAO :D :D :D That is just too darn funny.

3. WildWest

WildWest LawnSite Senior Member

LOL, oh man! That's too funny!!!

Good job though!

Remember...it's the thought that counts! Not the 8 bags that you left there!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Should have waited till nightfall and dispersed them around the neighbors houses.

4. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

thats too funny...would have been better if you would have had to spread them back out

5. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

LMAO:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I would've dropped a match.