• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Young Seedling

rwsawal04

LawnSite Member
I seeded a yard last year around May. I was wondering what can I use on it other than 3-way. I know I can't use barricade or simazine. What about gallery? How long I need to wait before applying preemerge?

OP
rwsawal04

rwsawal04

LawnSite Member
The only thing you really can do is fertilize and maybe put out little msma and sedgehammer. The seeds has to be little bit more established before applying to many chemical.

B-Easy

LawnSite Member
For Simazine (Princep) label states you should not apply it until grass has overwintered and has a well developed rhizome system, that is assuming you planted a warm-season grass that spreads thru rhizomes. Barricade label says to wait 60 days or after the 2nd mowing. This is also the standard waiting time when using 3-way herbicides. If you seeded in May you should be safe to use any of these products.

OP
rwsawal04

rwsawal04

LawnSite Member
Yeah thanks man I'll wait until I see green before I put any simazine out. I know that 3-way is not gonna harm it. Better safe than sorry, have a good year.