Lawn Care Forum banner

Your best referral story.

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Guest 
#1 ·
What is your best referral story, one job that led to another, and another...

Mine all started one snowy morning at 5 a.m. A man stopped me in one of my lots, and asked about doing his a few doors down. I stopped by after finishing, and we came to an aggreement. I continued to plow and salt his lot for the rest of the season.

In the spring, he called, wanting to know about some clean-up and mulch work around his building. On my site visit, he asked about some work at his home. I got the cleanup at the building, and a clean-up/mulch job at his house. I also got the lawn renovation at his house, and total maintenance there as well.

Since then, I have done a landscape install at his building, and some other smaller jobs. I am headed over tommorow for a landscape install at his home.

He refered me to his brother, for a lawn renovation. Got that one as well.

He also refered me to his father, I got the maintenance, fert, clean up/mulch there as well. Later in the season, I did a complete new lawn for the father, (infested with zoisya), and subbed out removal of three trees. I also supplied and installed three new trees on that site.

From the father, I got two new high dollar weekly maintenance accounts. Neighbors.

I now have a bid out with another neigobor of the fathers.

The origional buisnessman that flagged me down refered me to one of his clients for a mulching job.

All totaled, that one meeting in a snowy parking lot at 5a.m. equaled $10K. That is just this year.

Can anyone top that?

See less See more
#2 ·
i drove thru a subdivision, having my youngest son hang out the window and put flyers on the mail boxes. This lady calls and i price and get the lawn.

she refers me to her daughter who lives 5 doors down.

Then i get the lawn right in front of her(the original lady).

then she refers me to the lady 3 doors away(also got a commercial lot from this lady).

her daughter fefers me to a man around the corner.

then i picked up another in the same subdivision.

then the original lady refered to her church to cut a lawn for a elderly couple where the man has cancer, the church is paying for my service.

one day while i was mowing there a lady stopped asking if i would cut her mothers lawn right behind this house.
i don't know the total dollars, but if i counted right thats 8 lawns.

i am now seeing if i can bid on the church yard. if i get it the whole congergation could be potential customers.

i love grass cutting!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.