Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
attracting new customers? I've heard word of mouth, flyers, quality of work, business cards, phone books, etc. What about networking with other LCO's in your area? I think their is a big upside to it as I have recieved calls from people who were referred to me by other LCO's or nursery's in my area and I've always gotten that persons business. What are some of YOUR best ways of attracting new customers?

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I like the word of mouth method. If the guy across the street sees how good you do then he might want the service. Then you have 2 accounts right next to eachother! I always try to make the accounts I care for look better than every yard in the neighborhood. You know the Jones are always trying to keep up with the Smiths down the road and if that means getting the same lawn service they'll do it.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
100% of any potential customers that come my way are through word-of-mouth. I dont advertise and am turning down work every day. I have a limited amount of hours that I devote to this work. There is no better advertising than word-of-mouth.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Low Balling seems to work good.

Just follow the other guys around and tell their customers that I will do the job for $10.00 less than what the other guy is charging them. Works everytime...
---------------------------------------------

No seriously

Most of business has came from referrels by customers.
They are just three LCO's in this area and we all get along well and will reffer each other for a job if one does not want nor need it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Word of mouth gets me more work than I want. That and people stopping on my job sites while working... Plus I keep my number unpublished, too many just looking for cheapest price. I am one of the more expensive companies in my area, and have more work than I want...Chuck

·
Registered
11,163 Posts
Word of mouth and my work speaking for itself used to be MORE than enough for me. I even had to ditch the signs on the truck. I got tired of the calls. It's too bad though because that's not the case anymore. The local economy has really slowed and so has business. My market has shrunk a lot.

So now I'm considering signs on the truck and trailer again, plus some lawn signs. I have a few more things up my sleeve as well. Personally I'm going to maintain some of my free time, be the early bird and figure out how to do some things this year to work myself into some areas I want to be in next year. Then what al ferris said can come into play for me...
Originally posted by all ferris
If the guy across the street sees how good you do then he might want the service. Then you have 2 accounts right next to eachother! I always try to make the accounts I care for look better than every yard in the neighborhood. You know the Jones are always trying to keep up with the Smiths down the road and if that means getting the same lawn service they'll do it.
...anyone have some ideas for me?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Originally posted by LynyrdSkynyrd

Just follow the other guys around and tell their customers that I will do the job for $10.00 less than what the other guy is charging them. Works everytime...
So you the one taking all my bids

·
Banned
10,160 Posts
ok look, this may sound stupid, but here goes. the lawn looks most attractice when you are looking directly down the stripes of the newly cut lawn. when i get a new client, and want thier neighbors, this is what i do: i imagine the way nieghbor 4 houses down across the street will pull out of his driveway in the am, the first thing i want him to notice is my freshly cut lawn. i angle the stripes directly at his direction. next week i angle them towards the next house, the following week the next house, and so on. trim and edge perfect, and sweep the curb area. i know the angle thing sounds stupid, but it works. also for me door hangers work good for advertisement

·
Registered
230 Posts
well this year i got with a friend who races at a local track and just threw my name on there for fun and since saturday night I have 7 new accounts. I honestly didn't think it would work.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Originally posted by LynyrdSkynyrd

Funny you say that,i had that actually happen to me from what i believed to have been an upstanding company in the area...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.