Your opinion on exmark mower

roeslandscaping

LawnSite Member
Hey guys, im looking at buying another mower. It is a 04 or 05 Exmark Laser z, 60" deck with striping kit and 1722 hours. it has the Kohler Command Sp 28 motor. The guy has kept it inside since new. he also has records of changing the oil every 100 hours since new. also he changed and recorded hydro fluid and filter every 500 hours. he is asking 3000. whats your opinion?

Jimslawncareservice

LawnSite Platinum Member
I would try to get a grand taken off that, unless he's replaced the engine or hydros. I just bought a deere same age a few more hours but new engine and bagging system. It's not pretty, but I don't expect a mower with that many hours to be. It's not terrible. Hope that helps some.
Posted via Mobile Device

Jimslawncareservice

LawnSite Platinum Member
Kohler is just fine. I've had some that wouldn't die. Now I have all kawis. Nothing major with them, just little crap so far. All are new and under 150 hours.
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
R

roeslandscaping

LawnSite Member
Thats way toooo many hours. Specially if your really going to depend on it. On top of the hours im a kawasaki fan i stray away from kohler
ive had a bradley w.b. with a kohler for 5 years, only change the oil 3 times a year, and never had a SINGLE problem, the machine is going on 4000 hours.

He wont come off the price any, but i know he has taken good care of the mower, also i forgot to mention it is fuel injected

Wecutgrass

LawnSite Senior Member
i think that is to high for a mower with that many hours.

Jimslawncareservice

LawnSite Platinum Member
Is it liquidation cooled and fuel injected? Or just fuel injected? If its liquid cooled, chances are the engine will last longer than the air cooled engines. I would say there's some life left in the mower. Just have to figure what you can make off it before the hydros and engine go.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ridin' Green

LawnSite Fanatic
Is it liquidation cooled and fuel injected? Or just fuel injected? If its liquid cooled, chances are the engine will last longer than the air cooled engines. I would say there's some life left in the mower. Just have to figure what you can make off it before the hydros and engine go.Posted via Mobile Device
Agreed. Just think, those pistons have gone up and down somewhere in the vicinity of 371,952,000 times. Think there may be any wear?:laugh:

Valk

LawnSite Platinum Member
Close to 1/2 of this mower's life has been used up (maybe more, maybe less). So around 1/3 the price of what it cost new (7-8 yrs ago) is a good starting point since there's no warranty. Accurate records for maintenance are always a plus though.