1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Your opinion on this truck.

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by nautiq544, Jun 23, 2006.

1. nautiq544

nautiq544 LawnSite Member

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...=140000532972&ih=004&sspagename=STRK:MEBI:PIC
    Please check out the truck listed above. I need a truck for my lawn company here in Orlando. I think I want an old Toyota dually. Was the dually a factory option, or is it something people did. What’s your opinion of the 22RE motor? I probably will weld a ramp on the back of the truck to drive my mowers up on.

Any info on this kind of truck would be appreciated. I am not familiar with old Toyota Pickups. New to Toyota in general.

2. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Don't even bother..........

3. PerennialSuccess

PerennialSuccess LawnSite Member

22R motor is one of the best engines ever made. It is gutless and wont pull anything, but it lasts FOREVER. The truck/frame will rot and break before that engine breaks down. However, I would'nt want a dump Toyota. Driving that would be like beating a dead horse.

4. start2finish

start2finish LawnSite Senior Member

I owned one and you cannot kill the motor, but they are weak for towing. good for pulling a jet ski. not mowers and a dump bed.