Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be buying a new zero turn rider before the end of September for some of my smaller residential lawns.. I would like the good and the bad about the following models and an overall choice on which is the best..Thanks!

John Deere 717 48" 19hp Kawi- $5999
Exmark Lazer Z CT 48" 18hp Kohler- $5199
Lesco Z-Two 48" 19hp Kawi- $5995

· Registered
104 Posts
JD 717 I demoed one. Damp Grass, Dry Grass= Clumps. This was out of the box, with stock blades. Might be better with hi-lifts, discharge shoot removed also. Did not stick well to hills, higher center of gravity than my other choice....Scag Tiger Cub.

Good Luck.

CT

· Registered
453 Posts
$5500 for a 19 kaw 48" stander. I use one every day, its great on St. Augustine. And they take up less space than a walk-behind.I can fit 2 on a 10' trailer.

· Registered
1,427 Posts
I have a 737 and love it in wet or dry grass.

· Registered
1,282 Posts
Buying a Z with engine less than 21 hp is not saving money in long run cause you will crave for more power for mulching & better cut of stronger engine models, which means you have to sell or trade it within a year or two. I think 48/21 and 52/23 is minimum acceptable for a Z, anything less is not worth ditching dollars.

· Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just thought I would let you guys know I decided to go with the Deere.. They knocked over $1500 of the MSRP and threw in some extra's! Should be getting it tomorrow if the guys get it all setup...:D

· Banned
11,101 Posts
I haven't mowed with any of the above but I am business person and I say if you can buy an exmark $800 bucks cheaper than the comparable lesco then hellfire, what's your problem? need more lithium?

take your meds and tell us how that exmark mows!:eek:

GEO

· Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ax Man,

Yep I'm getting it from Ontrac.. Total was $6391.41 including tax.. I'm getting it tomorrow, and I will get some pictures of striping and machine..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.