• CA Lessons: Landscaping To Reduce Wildfire Risk
    While there are no ways to fireproof a property, there are strategies to design and maintain landscapes for reduced vulnerability. Click here to learn more.

Your Shortest-Lived Customer?

HOOLIE

LawnSite Gold Member
...and I do mean 'lived'...I recently signed an elderly client for mowing, and he died 2 weeks later. I was wondering where he was, he seemed like the type that would be coming out to chat each week.

Woody82986

LawnSite Silver Member
I had one that died the morning after I met him to sign him up for services. I was going to continue services with his mother, but she was too damn difficult to work with so I didn't feel too bad dumping her.

theyatesies

LawnSite Member
I had just got a new customer one year(elderly lady) and she said she was so thankful because she had prayed to the lord and there I was. So we agreed on a price and I was to come back the next day to cut the grass. When I arrived someone else was cutting the lawn. I went straight up to the door and asked what was going on. She looked puzzled. I went on to say "Today did the Lord tell you to fire me before I ever started?" She did not say anything so I walked away. Oh well.