Your Take On: GRASS

205mx

LawnSite Silver Member
Which do you think looks better?
Grows better, Faster, stronger. etc...

Pleas include the area you live in. It will be interesting to see who likes what.

Thanks y'all
:drinkup:

grass-scapes

LawnSite Bronze Member
Imitation. Stays green year round. Needs no maintenance.

jbell36

LawnSite Bronze Member
definitely fescue...bluegrass second...both look very similar but fescue is easier to take care of...we have some warm season grasses here but i think they look absolutely terrible...don't know much about centipede but i'm sure it's a warm season grass which just doesn't have that thick lush green look...also can't stripe warm season grasses very well

TNGrassCutter

LawnSite Bronze Member
A tall fescue lawn here in TN looks great to me, grows good and thick in spring and fall, and one of the only grasses that will stripe here. Bermuda grass looks good when its just Bermuda, I can't stand Bermuda with weeds in it, especially when its dormant.
Posted via Mobile Device

weeze

LawnSite Fanatic
A tall fescue lawn here in TN looks great to me, grows good and thick in spring and fall, and one of the only grasses that will stripe here. Bermuda grass looks good when its just Bermuda, I can't stand Bermuda with weeds in it, especially when its dormant.
Posted via Mobile Device
:laugh: that is the norm around where i live. very few yards that are 100% bermuda with no weeds. the bermuda does look good if it doesn't have weeds in it but weeds generally are in it unless it's treated on a regular basis which doesn't happen often where i live. alot of the bermuda yards have fescue and weeds in them as well. that's why i like centipede. it keeps it all looking the same with no weeds or other grasses getting mixed in. you don't even have to treat it either. :)

OP

205mx

LawnSite Silver Member
ST. Augustine anybody?