your worst fall clean-up?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by godzilla, Oct 1, 2009.

1. godzilla

godzilla LawnSite Senior Member

What is your worst fall clean-up? I believe I just picked up a new one that will take the lead. The property is almost an acre, all the leaves have to go, all mature hardwoods... and the best part is that the leaves have to be carried up 120 stairs to make it to the trucks.

2. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

i have one similar to that. it also has a ton of pine needles to clean

3. Mowbizz

Mowbizz LawnSite Senior Member

Last year...2 + acres. lots of hardwoods and all uphill to the street in the rain. Then my leaf loader took a dump and started leaking gas like a sieve...had to stop everything and hunt down parts from several hardware stores (dealers were closed on Sat) finally finished the next day with a helper$$ :cry:

4. demhustler

demhustler LawnSite Bronze Member

my condolences
    no way around stairs? fences, (blow in the woods? :/ ), neighbors? : ((((

5. coqui landscaping

coqui landscaping LawnSite Member

wow man how much are u charging for that ??

6. integrityman

integrityman LawnSite Bronze Member

I picked up one this year. Fortunately he is a very good customer. About 2.5 acres with in excess of 25 mature hardwoods. Mainly Hickory trees. I refer to the house as hickory hell because of all the hickory trees and nuts. In addition to all the hickory trees, It has 3 very large white oaks. Fortunately he is letting me dump the leaf grinds in the woods that surround his property....

7. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

do you think a vac could suck them up 120 stairs? i bet it would if you took it easy and did them dry.