Z-Glide front forks

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by ArTurf, Nov 20, 2018.

1. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Ark

2. Dawson

Dawson LawnSite Bronze Member

I haven't but never heard anything but praise for them from those that do.

Ridin' Green likes this.
  3. Mow-Daddy.com

Mow-Daddy.com LawnSite Fanatic

Arturf,
    I was just talking to a new guy (Benjamin George) on lawnsite today about zglides.
    They look like a good product.
    But they don't fit my Gravelys.
    Search his name.
    Then ask him more about them.

4. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

5. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

6. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Installation video-

7. nch209

nch209 LawnSite Member

I came across a youtube video of a fella (member here???) who put front tweels on his 930. What was interesting was in the comment section it appeared he shelved them in favor of zglides and the runcraps... errr...runflats. I figured being he already had tweels, he would keep them and add them to the zglides. I was hoping he had a video of why he did what he did, but nada.

I think the zglides look like a decent option. I do wish they were green, but suspect they are black to differentiate and help with the brand, and they look a little fugly just due to the bulk and extra length at the bottom for the extra hole for when they saggy sag sag. Guess its just how its gotta be...

After being used to my pops' ferris, I am suspecting front tweels or zglides might be in my future next year.

8. Shayne Anderson

Shayne Anderson LawnSite Member

These are a lil different than the ones for Z900's, but, these look to be built with same technology/concept. I've got them on a z960 and z970 and am 100% happy with them. These seem to take most of the jarring away from your arms and shoulders, Money well spent. "When fat jiggles, it hurts"

9. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Ark

When they give does it cause the deck to gouge or scalp

10. Shayne Anderson

Shayne Anderson LawnSite Member

When coming to the end of yard and preparing for the 3 pt. turn, if you TRY to, you can see a small divot from your centre blade on it's leading edge, but with even less TRYING you never leave a mark. Even when the forks flex over uneven ground, there is "equal to" or at worse "minimally more". Unless you go out of your way to, or really try to, you'll never leave a noticeable mark in the grass because of the forks.