1. Maintaining Company Culture During Stressful Times

How do you maintain a positive company culture during a time of social distancing, economic uncertainty, and health worries? Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Z-Master problem

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cutntrim, May 19, 2000.

1. Bill c

Bill c LawnSite Member

I would have to agree with what Lawrence said.We have two toro groundsmasters with the 20 horse kohler and that is the only way the blades will engage when the motor is cold.I had my dealer contact toro and he said it was the new emissions motors.

2. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

I have had the same problem, sometimes they would engage and other times not. My problem was the stater,regulater and capasator, All went down at the same time,put the new parts on and runs great. <p>----------<br>Mark's Mowing Service<br>

3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Did you ever find the problem and what was it?<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://pages.prodigy.net/eric.erickson/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>

4. bdemir

bdemir LawnSite Senior Member

This happens on my turf tracer and the problem was a loose connection on one of the wires and it would rattle off when the blades sarted to spin and would cause it to stall because of a electrical problem. <br>After tightening the connection it went away. Try going over all your connections and i bet you will solve it. Good luck.

5. OP
    OP
    cutntrim

cutntrim LawnSite Senior Member

Still don't know for sure what it was, but replacing one of the fuses and engaging the blades on half-choke has worked ever since...strange.<p>----------<br>Dave in S.Ontario<br>www.cutntrim.com