Z spray add on

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by woodlawnservice, Jun 12, 2019.

1. woodlawnservice

woodlawnservice LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 36 jr older z spray, how can I get more capacity out of it without nuzzling down. I'm specifically referring to adding tanks? Currently has just the bottom factory tank....

2. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Ark

I had this machine but traded it for a ZMax to someone on this site named Brizine. He added tanks to it and posted pics. Might do a search or maybe even message him.

woodlawnservice likes this.
  3. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Are you handy? This is on sale.
    Just add this sprayer to your Intermediate. Or just buy the 20 gal tank.
    Put the tank in your hopper. You have bungie cords, duct tape and zip ties--right?
    https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...ailer-sprayer-with-3-nozzle-boom?cm_vc=-10011
    Of course, you have to suck out of the tank and return the excess as agitation--need two valves.

Of course, Wylie Sprayer in OKC has everything.

You can also reduce the pressure--and increase the dosage of the herbicide. Same gallons covers more.
    Or use smaller nozzles--go down to from a third to a quarter gallon per thousand. You said you did not want to do that--though.
    Increased speed also allows you to cover more--as long as you increase the herbicide by the same percentage.

4. OP
    OP
    woodlawnservice

I'd like to add factory tanks and plumb them all in. Can a jr do aux tanks on the side?

5. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

You can add 2 of the 8 gal tanks where the metal boxes are on the sides

6. OP
    OP
    woodlawnservice

Mine the older rackable version so it dont have the metal boxes.. it's a 36" I was told you can make a customer tank to fit between the hopper and controls? Motor sits off to the side..

7. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Or add a blue 5 gal plastic water can. You should be able to get two in the fert hopper--or build a bracket somewhere. You need some valves and hoses--of course.
    If you build a support for your new tank--raise it up--you can probably still use the fert hopper for fert.

8. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

oh its the rackable 36.. dont think you can add tanks on the sides. I ordered one of those, used it for a couple days and took it back. looked like a good idea

woodlawnservice likes this.
  9. OP
    OP
    woodlawnservice

I may customer fan up some tanks to give me an additional 10 gal