• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Z-Spray JR 36 needs tires, what to buy?

br549oicu8

LawnSite Bronze Member
Those Carlisle tires work just fine.

grassman177

LawnSite Fanatic
i actually dont like the oem tires on the jr, my dad may not be aware that with only 200hrs on the machine, they have no tread left on them, near bald!!!!!!!!!!!!! not sure what the deal is there as our other zsprays have the original tires(different brands or models or both) and no wear to speak of. personally i reccomend a different tire than the ones that came on ours, and if they say they were kenda, and you have carlilse, then go with carlisle.

jbturf

LawnSite Bronze Member
you can search this forum, i had posted back when i had a z spray about the tires on it,
i would recommend you use a square shoulder type tire, instead of the round shoulder,
you will have more tread in contact with the ground

btw- z spray info posted a good price! i paid alot more than that just for tires!
g/l

ted putnam

LawnSite Fanatic
you can search this forum, i had posted back when i had a z spray about the tires on it,
i would recommend you use a square shoulder type tire, instead of the round shoulder,
you will have more tread in contact with the ground

btw- z spray info posted a good price! i paid alot more than that just for tires!
g/l
I'll second that. I also did a search online for a different tread design in the same size tire thinking I would change when the time came for a new set. I was not able to find a different tread design and the tires alone with shipping were going to be more than the price for tires/rims offered here. I didn't spend an endless amount of time searching but I did look.

OP
FERT-TEK

FERT-TEK

LawnSite Bronze Member
Thanks for the replies fellas. For some reason I am not getting notification on replies to this thread and im finally checking it for info.

Regarding the Kenda tires, their website doesn't offer a tire in my size. The tire on the machine is definitely a Carlisle and its tread pattern looks like a bowtie pattern.

grassman177

LawnSite Fanatic
i just went out and looked at ours, and they are the kenda, the others(max and intermideate) are carlisle turf masters, if you can get something like those, then get them, they will be better traction and last longer i would think since ours wore out super fast(kenda oem)

fert40

LawnSite Member
For $52.00 with the rim I think that's a pretty good value compared with everything else we buy. How much does the machines cost, alot. I've had my z-max for 4 years and only replaced my tires once. I have a lot of hours on the machine.