• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

Z-spray owners

superintendent

LawnSite Senior Member
The ones with a foam marker on their Z-spray how do you like it. I was told it was a pain in the a-- to keep it clean. I do alot of warm season grass and it's hard to see where you are going. Also think it will help on cool season grass also. Just want to know if it's worth having. If it really helps.

rcreech

Sponsor
The ones with a foam marker on their Z-spray how do you like it. I was told it was a pain in the a-- to keep it clean. I do alot of warm season grass and it's hard to see where you are going. Also think it will help on cool season grass also. Just want to know if it's worth having. If it really helps.
SWARE by it!

Just to let you know how I feel about running foam...I bought an extra as a backup!

It is just comforting to know where you have been when you can't see where you are going.

Plus it can pay for itself over time due to less overlapping/wasted product.

VERY easy to maintain! I have not had any issues. You just have to clean them with some warm water every 3-4 weeks or so!

ArTurf

LawnSite Fanatic
I have had my Z for only a short time and spray only warm season grasses. I could not imagine not having the foam. I would be lost without it. I have not had any issues with mine so far.

rcreech,
I didn't know they needed cleaning. Can you explain specifically how you clean it?

rcreech

Sponsor
I have had my Z for only a short time and spray only warm season grasses. I could not imagine not having the foam. I would be lost without it. I have not had any issues with mine so far.

rcreech,
I didn't know they needed cleaning. Can you explain specifically how you clean it?
After some time you will get some residue build up.
All you have to do is run warm water though it.

If you don't have any issues with it I would just wait until it acts up.

grassman177

LawnSite Fanatic
it was a pain to clean after i waited too long and it got clogged . but it is totally worth it for all aspects of keeping track of where the heck you done applied!

grassman177

LawnSite Fanatic
same here and we put it on, not hard at all. i can say it sucked to remove and clean as i waited too long to flush mine and it clogged up, you would be suprised at the amount of smal tubing inside the little box!!!!!

still, it is matter of taking better care of it and not the units fault

grassman177

LawnSite Fanatic
it is made by richway, not zspray. but this one is made for them to use on the zsprays