Z-Spray vs Z-Plug

Nicktw25

LawnSite Member
Hello,

I am going this winter to get my applicators license to get started on apps next spring.

I am looking at purchasing a Z-Spray or a Z-Plug with the additional attachments to both spray and throw dry material.

Would it make since to buy the Z-plug since you get the aerator attachment and you only spend a few hundred more on it than a dedicated spray unit.

OP
N

Nicktw25

LawnSite Member
I never really gave any thought into a T3000i. Do you know any advantages of a t3000i over a Z-spray?

I noticed from reading on here a lot of people love the steering of the t3000i. But to me the Z-sprays seem built a lot better.

whiffyspark

LawnSite Fanatic
Couldn't tell you. I just know they hated using it. The only time they ever used it was for wide open aeration. Most of the time they perfected the walk behind aerators.

They had a zmax as well. But everyone preferred the 3000

Just my observation. I haven't used either but I worked at a company that had them and asked questions lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

Cadzilla

LawnSite Senior Member
I never really gave any thought into a T3000i. Do you know any advantages of a t3000i over a Z-spray?

I noticed from reading on here a lot of people love the steering of the t3000i. But to me the Z-sprays seem built a lot better.

There are none in my opinion. ZMax is bigger, faster, more productive, certainly time tested and proven and durable. The turfco 3000 is a fine machine but a ZMax can run circles around it and don't buy anyone telling you a Max can't hold hills. I run 30-35 degree slopes all the time with confidence.

You don't want to run the ZPlug with the spreader or sprayer. Too big and not the same platform as a ZMax.

OP
N

Nicktw25

LawnSite Member
I am lucky they make the Z-Sprays just a county north of me. I will have to go up there and demo one. If I were to get a Z-Spray, I would probably go with the intermediate. Considering this is my first year spraying and it will get me through small fences.

DA Quality Lawn & YS

LawnSite Fanatic
Yall are assuming he wants a big machine like a ZMax...
That one may hold slopes...the Jr36R does not.

Cadzilla

LawnSite Senior Member
Yall are assuming he wants a big machine like a ZMax...
That one may hold slopes...the Jr36R does not.

Anything less than a ZMax is a complete waste of time and money in my opinion unless you're doing apps in Brooklyn New York or something. I have a fair share with the crappy gated backyards. I do them by hand bingo bango and I'm gone.

I also do 30 acre sites in one day with one man on a ZMax.

You can't do that with those smaller toy machines.

Falcon50EX

LawnSite Senior Member
Anything less than a ZMax is a complete waste of time and money in my opinion unless you're doing apps in Brooklyn New York or something. I have a fair share with the crappy gated backyards. I do them by hand bingo bango and I'm gone.

I also do 30 acre sites in one day with one man on a ZMax.

You can't do that with those smaller toy machines.

How many hr are in your day? I have a Max and love it but that is a lot of work.

Top Forums