Z Two confusion

Ketron'sLawnService

LawnSite Member
So the Generac 28 model is made, just the hidden option at this point? I checked and both stores near me...Arden, NC and Knoxville, TN.....just say to check availability. I did get some good news today about that 85 acre contract where i would need the 6 new mowers. The current mowing crew is canned for this next year due to the amount of headstones(it's a cemetary) that they have ran into this year(so far 90!!!..yes 90 of them have had to be replaced, LOL) So as of January its an open bid with the previous company getting canned no matter if they do it for a dollar. Good for me :) bad for them :( Lesco also offer the same as Cub 36 month same as cash deal? Envy, how many hours do you have on your lesco? Yes, i saw the price of 5399, thats a steal, especially if i have to buy 6(the 85 acre contract has to be finished in one day as per the contract) I also know the company that is mowing it is banking $85,000 per year on that job alone. Now thats the jobs we all love to get. Envy, do you just have a ZTR, or any walk behinds? Hopefully this post will make it up faster than my last one, haha.

OP
Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service

LawnSite Fanatic
wriken said:
The wide track makes a word of difference, sure can cut a slope with it. Mines the 72" w/t
I bet... but now imagine your 72" frame coupled with a 60" deck.
That's gotta be something.

I say that because my standard 60" is a goat on slopes as well. But it's the stupid stuff like uneven off cambers, having to start a turn when the front is pointed downhill or right beside a big hump. Just little stupid stuff really.

These machines are built and feel noticably heavier than others and I think the extra weight out front makes them get wedged up a little easier, ect.

Mine was real bad when I first brought it home. As I looked and the framework and lifted the deck, I thought my God, no wonder. But I later found out that all the deck lift adjustments ect were all off, binding up and causing nearly all the deck weight to be loaded on the front lift points.

To be honest, I figured this out by accident while trying to fine tune the pitch. The rear of the deck just wouldn't settle down. It was just being balanced on one side and there was not weight on the other. So I got mad, got in the seat with a wrench and started lowering and lifting the deck... then adjusting... and repeating. All the sudden I went to use the lift and foot assist... Geez my foot went down so fast I thought surely something had snapped. But it was just in a bind before to the point it took a lot of force to lift.

Once I got that all straightened out it began to handle much better.
But, it will never handle as well and the WideTrack units with it's narrower rear stance.

OP
Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service

LawnSite Fanatic
Ketron,

My zero turn mowers are all riders. No walkbehinds. That is by personal necessity though, and not choice. But if I were going to buy a walkbehind, it would probably be one of the new Lesco floating deck hydros or an eXmark turf tracer.

As for the Lesco Z Two, I only have one of them now. It's not even 2 months old yet. So there are not many hours on it yet. I'm sure Wriken can offer you better examples of actual hours logged than I can. He has more of them than me and has had them longer.

carb454

LawnSite Member
What!! $5399. :angry: I just bought a 60" Z two this spring on sale for $5999 How long has the Wide track 60" 28hp been available??? I coulda saved $700+ Which would have bought plenty of gas for this years mowing..

Timing is everything I guess...:cry:

OP
Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service

LawnSite Fanatic
carb454 said:
What!! $5399. :angry: I just bought a 60" Z two this spring on sale for $5999 How long has the Wide track 60" 28hp been available??? I coulda saved $700+ Which would have bought plenty of gas for this years mowing..

Timing is everything I guess...:cry:
Well friend, I couldn't tell ya how long it has been available. All I can tell you is that I was told about it at the 2004 GIE, then told it didn't exist, ect... But I can tell you I saw the listing for it on the Lesco website back in July 2005.

So who really knows since Lesco seems to not want to participate in this thread anymore?
Some sort of acknowledgement would be nice though...

carb454

LawnSite Member
Well Huhn! Thanks for replying ,maybe Ole Bob is on vacation... Yeah my comment/question was kinda directed at the sponsor... I just figured I was on ignore,maybe because of the flames:D

TOMMY1115

LawnSite Member
Keep in mind it's the end of the season and there might be a NEWER model coming out next year. So the fact that the mower is now 5399 doesn't mean it was that price earlier this year. Maybe Lesco is just trying to get rid of those machines to bring in the 06 models.

Sorry guys - for some reason, none of these postings have been going in the "review area," if you will, where all posts usually go. That's where I go to respond to your posts, so I never knew where these were.

Anyway, we do have 2006 models coming in soon, but that hasn't influenced our pricing a great deal. The fact of the matter is that we sell Factory Direct to you guys, so we're going to offer you the best prices around. If there's a particular unit you are looking to price, check out the new equipment catalog we have online at www.lesco.com. You'll see plenty of images, all the specs you need, and great pricing.

If you can't find what you're looking for there, let me know and I'll get you the info you need.

Thanks,
Bob