Z915B...should the right side traction be this bad?

kentuckydiesel

LawnSite Member
The Z915B that we bought earlier in the year came with a new Carlisle Turfmaster tire on the left, and a used one with good tread on the right. My wife tends to be the one using this mower, so I haven't spent much time on it, but every time I do, it baffles me how bad the reverse traction is on the right side. You can be on flat dry ground, pull back lightly on the right stick, and the tire will just spin. Going downhill, the right lets go all together.
I have checked and rechecked tire pressure. Is this common on this model since the gas tank is on the left, or will a slightly worn tire make that much of a difference?
Probably going to get a set of lug tires given how steep some of the hills that we mow are, but I thought I'd see if you guys had any other info.

Thanks,
Phillip

Ridin' Green

LawnSite Fanatic
No, they go just like that and they are designed expressly for zero turn mowers, which is why there are only two sizes available in them. They do far less damage to turf than regular turf tires and are awesome in the wet, especially on wet hills.

Reactions: WGB

Ridin' Green

LawnSite Fanatic
The AT101 doesn't come in 26X12-12 unfortunately, at least for right now.
You can get some Titan/Carlise Tru Power tires that are similar in that size though. There is a couple of fairly recent threads from earlier this year and late last year on here about these bar tread tires with lots of great pics and info.

DA Quality Lawn & YS

LawnSite Fanatic
Agree with above. Get some weight on the bumper. And also check out the Michelin Tweels. Expensive yes. But I put a pair on my 930M and never looked back, I will never again put aired up tires on my Z. Great traction, esp on slopes. And you can run those darn utility marking flags right through without fear of flats:)

Reactions: WGB