z930r pto switch

rungreen

LawnSite Member
I think switch is bad it shuts off randomly and its getting worse. I assume its not to hard to change, looks like you have to pull screws and cover off around the controls. Anyone changed one and what is all involved.

greenleafgreenscapes

LawnSite Member
Its under warranty, I would bring it in. Mine was doing same thing last year. I made it to fall and brought it in. My dealer ended up replacing switch, clutch and safety switches

OP
R

rungreen

LawnSite Member
Was trying to it myself because dealers forty five minutes away,probabaly have to leave it there. I cant really give it up right now, I guess I will see if it gets worse.

dc33

LawnSite Senior Member
its literally a 2 minute fix.
Had 2 replaced this year. Just rolled up to the dealer and they came out and replaced it on the trailer, takes longer to get there than fix it.
Its a known and common issue. Heck if you have a good dealer they should replace it for free warranty or not.

Brules

LawnSite Senior Member
Call ahead and make sure they have a part on hand and tell them you can't leave it - I would think they would give you a loaner though if you had to leave it.....

dc33

LawnSite Senior Member
Call ahead and make sure they have a part on hand and tell them you can't leave it - I would think they would give you a loaner though if you had to leave it.....

part of the warranty should be a loaner included, at least on the new ones it is.

Nwatson99

LawnSite Member
Did you guys pull it until it clicked?
I notice on these newer machines, you pull up the pto the deck engages, but if you do not keep pulling a tad bit more until you feel it click the deck will shut down after a few minutes of running.

Top Forums