1. Complete Our Survey For A Chance To Win A $50 Amazon Gift Card
    We’d like to know your thoughts about LawnSite, and how we can make our community a more useful resource for your lawn care and landscaping needs. Please click here to take the survey, which should only take five minutes to complete. One winner will be chosen at random to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice

z950r hyd oil change

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by rungreen, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Turf Tracer

Turf Tracer LawnSite Fanatic

Not a fan of Amsoil. It may well be great but why they have such small market share if their oils are so superior as they claim. Strikes me as a MLM company.

And their marketing reminds me of Walker mowers hype machine Walker Talk.

Regardless, their oil may be great but sticking w/OEM’s or Mobil or one the Big Oils

Mark Oomkes likes this.
  2. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

One other point OP- JD oil is definitely not re-branded oil. That implies it is oil that someone else made that is available under other names. Someone else may make the oil for JD (as is the case for almost all machine manu's), but they make it t JD's exact specifications, and you cannot but the same exact oils with any other brand name on it.

3. rippinryno

rippinryno LawnSite Bronze Member

Amsoil is definitely a MLM or pyramid style setup.

One thing that does satisfy me for amsoil is that they will take the time and expense to test their oil (albeit in a smaller scale vs big companies), specifically for certain motors. For example they ran a test on the saber on stihl and echo trimmers for hundreds of hours. They do the same thing on their engine oil with bigger motors, they have their own in house lab and I can tell you that some of the highest performance engines run amsoil just like some run mobil, or shell.

I'm not a fanboy, but I do put that stuff in my small engines. I also put shell rotella is certain motors, so again, not a fanboy. My cars get mobil 1.

JD oil is not JD oil, it's a chevron or some other company that makes it to their specs, this is the same thing for all of the rebranded oil. By definition, it's rebranded, it's really not hard to understand that unless you're so dense that you refuse.

today we learned that an engine can run on gasoline and what rebranded means, good lesson.

Pay attention to the ratings on the oil bottles, make sure if you are replacing any oil that you do so with the same or better specs, you want your replacement to meet or exceed the JD rating.

4. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Re-branded implies that JD uses oils that can be bought under other names. JD oils can't be bought under another label. Period. It's not that hard to understand unless you simply want to keep arguing to hear yourself talk. There's nothing more to it. You are the dense one pal.

Mark Oomkes likes this.
  5. greenleafgreenscapes

greenleafgreenscapes LawnSite Member
    Male, from Wi

This is exact reason I laugh at this sight. You get people that try and help and then you get one idiot that knows it all and wrecks a perfectly good discussion with his ignorance

Mark Oomkes, Ridin' Green and hort101 like this.
  6. hort101

hort101 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from S.E. New England

And then calls others know it allsThumbs Up:laughing:

7. rippinryno

rippinryno LawnSite Bronze Member

WRONG, THAT SOUNDS LIKE YOUR OWN PERSONAL DEFINITION. GOOD WORK.

Here's a chart for cross reference. j20c
    http://crs.coopconnection.ca/files/SpringOilChart.pdf

https://cglapps.chevron.com/msdspds/PDSDetailPage.aspx?docDataId=77320

what does your post do for anybody? Taking jabs like a child.

Take off then, if it's so funny why do you come? You've had several run ins, you and riding green are very abrasive around here. Move on and quit getting offended when i give oil input. It's not false, it's a matter of debate and you can't handle the fact that there are other options, cheaper, and better. I've not called anybody names, you have now called me an idiot for not other reason than because you think the jd oil is the best and only option. Wow.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  8. greenleafgreenscapes

Male, from Wi

Lol I have no problem with cheaper for amsoil. I said it would save me $3.00 a year on each zero turn. It would save me $48.00 a year on my 125 to 145 hp Deere tractors with IVT transmissions. All I simply said was for that lil bit of money on a 145,000 dollar tractor with a $26,000 transmission, what is the sense. Im using the oil in the hydros that is recommended by the brand of machine it is.
    Like I said earlier, the large oil companies can come close to matching the analysis of the oik but they cannot match the trace elements that are added to PRIVATE LABEL oils.
    Anybody can use whatever they want to use, but simply said why I choose to use the company's oil for hydros

Ridin' Green likes this.
  9. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

rippinryno-

You are the one arguing with everyone lately. Anyone with two good eyes can see that too just by reading the various threads in recent times. Someone disagrees with you, so they are abrasive? Well.... I guess when you're trying to look smarter than everyone else on here it doesn't help to have someone disagree with ya. I guess I'm being abrasive because I called you out for the way you talk about JD products and with no real fact to back it up other than what is in your own mind. You made claims that they are re-branded oils. That's simply not accurate. They are original oils made for JD to JD's exacting specs, and you can't buy them under any other label. What's so hard to understand??

I didn't say that what you quoted was the definition.....I said it implies, and it does.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    Mark Oomkes likes this.
  10. greenleafgreenscapes

Male, from Wi

And last time Deere put the contract out to produce to their specs, Mobil got it

Ridin' Green likes this.