1. Complete Our Survey For A Chance To Win A $50 Amazon Gift Card
    We’d like to know your thoughts about LawnSite, and how we can make our community a more useful resource for your lawn care and landscaping needs. Please click here to take the survey, which should only take five minutes to complete. One winner will be chosen at random to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice

z950r hyd oil change

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by rungreen, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Well stated. I don't care what others run either, but for some know it all to come on and bash JD oils that are made specifically for the OP's application lacks common sense and foundation.

Mark Oomkes and hort101 like this.
  2. rippinryno

rippinryno LawnSite Bronze Member

The large companies make it. I understand why you use it. You can also use the chevron stuff, it's gonna pass those same JD standards, but without JD on the bottle.

SUPER T-HF SB (2) SYNTHETIC ALL-WEATHER T-HF Hydraul 50/ Hydraul Extra Duratran Synthetic Spirax S6 TXME

There's a few options for ya. j20c specs or better.

3. greenleafgreenscapes

greenleafgreenscapes LawnSite Member
    Male, from Wi

As I said twice previously. It's the trace elements.

Ridin' Green likes this.
  4. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

And they are what other manu's cannot duplicate exactly.

5. rippinryno

rippinryno LawnSite Bronze Member

I assume when you refer to trace elements that you are meaning the additive package right? Trace elements doesn't refer to the additives that are put in oil for specific use. That is what is referred to as the additive package and it's what makes base oil different from the specific oils.

I knew what you meant, but it is not the proper nomenclature if you're referring to the additive package that JD puts in the oil.

6. CuttingEdgeLandscapes

CuttingEdgeLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

i run all deere. i also only use deere oil and deer hyrdo oil in all of them. when i trade a mower in they can look up in their system and see that ive always bought from the dealer and see how often the oils have been changed. it always brings more money at trade in. does it cost more? sure it does but in the end i benefit from it.

hort101 and Ridin' Green like this.
  7. Turf Tracer

Turf Tracer LawnSite Fanatic

Private sale always brings more than trade.

Not going OEM saves thousands over the years. OEM will soak you on most parts. If you enjoy paying more for nothing OEM parts for you.

Do use the eXmark hydro oil now though. Small reservoir on the synthetic tank so not much needed and running it over 500hrs. No huge savings to be found w/Mobil1

8. CuttingEdgeLandscapes

it would take hundreds of years for me to save thousands of dollars on oil and filters. i enjoy paying more for oem that are spec'd exactly for the equipment i use. i pay thousands of dollars for deere mowers why trust another brand of oil in them. i also dont have time to haggle and deal with the idiots that a private sale brings. service record and receipts from a deere dealer add up in the end at trade in time

Ridin' Green and hort101 like this.
  9. Turf Tracer

Turf Tracer LawnSite Fanatic

I guess. Not much work selling privately and allot more $$$ than giving it to a dealer.

Compare prices on some those OEM parts and you running a few machine savings are substantial.

buying OEM from a dealer just eating profits. No thanks.

10. CuttingEdgeLandscapes

i also buy all my oil and filter for the year in february on promotion and save 20% so that helps also

hort101 likes this.