Z_spray problem

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by jimjohn1, Jul 7, 2010.

1. GrassManKzoo

GrassManKzoo LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Kalamazoo, MI

Aren’t toro and eXmark complete opposites/competition. Did toro buy eXmark too and I missed something? I’m more confused now than before lol

2. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

I can report that I was able to order a 7 gallon aux tank for my intermediate from a Toro dealer. I'm lucky though as my step dad is the parts guy for a big power equipment dealer and he knows his stuff. He said all the old z spray parts now have Toro part numbers.

The down side is that it took about 2-3 weeks to get the tank lol. Back in the day when LT Rich was running the show, I would have got that same tank in 1-2 days.

ETM likes this.
  3. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Fanatic

We haven't been able to use our z's since Christmas because of extremely wet conditions. We just got done spraying R-1 with hose and gun. Thank goodness we have that option. One of the tank studs came loose and we had repaired it with the best product we could find but it didn't work. Waiting will not be a big deal as we aren't in a crunch. Luckily, we can still use it to spread dry fert for R-2. As long as I can still get the tank, we'll be fine. I couldn't find the part on the web site but I could tell, this is going to be a slow transaction from the way things looked.:(

4. Marine03112

Marine03112 LawnSite Silver Member

Toro owns exmark

GrassManKzoo likes this.
  5. Marine03112

Marine03112 LawnSite Silver Member

Ya Ted as I said my Toro dealer said it wouldn’t be ironed out till 2020. To bad. There losing a ton of good customers because of it. I do btw love the toro spreader sprayer. Was going to get a ZMax before all this nonsense happened but going to get another toro. My dealer stated it will be squared away by the time stated.

6. ted putnam

Z-Spray didn't respond to my message on their website so I called them. All parts must be ordered through a dealer. My choices were an Exmark dealer or Site One. I chose the dealer. A 2011 Jr. 36 spray tank was $152 + tax + shipping. I was told it should take about 5 days.

7. Oxmow

Oxmow LawnSite Bronze Member

I wanted the aux tank on my junior, but wasn’t willing to pay the 998.00 for theirs. I ended up fabbing one up for about 450.00. It’s 5g instead of 7g but I’m ok with that. It looks custom, but not factory. The pics are on here somewhere.

8. ted putnam

That's awesome! Wish I could do something like that but that 18 gal tank was custom made for LT Rich by Ace Rotomold and Toro got the rights to that in the buyout....Proprietary Part...no way around it