Zero Turns on hills

TooTallLawncare

LawnSite Member
I have purchased many Exmark Lazer Z's in the past, but was thinking about changing brands. The only problem I have with the lazer z is that it doesn't do well on hills. It always seems to slide down the hill are has trouble making it up the hill. I was wondering if anybody had a suggestion for a different mower that is better on the side of hills. What do you guys use on hills?I love my Exmarks to death on flat ground, but on hills I need to find something different and more efficient.

Thanks,
Jason

wrestle142

LawnSite Member
Are the hills that you are mowing weeds or are they good grass? That makes a huge difference! If the hills are very weedy and halfway steep, even a push mower slips. But if they have good sod you would be suprised how steep of a hill you can stay on.

TJLC

LawnSite Bronze Member
You have probally already thought of this but what about a hydro w/b for your hills and slopes? I had a Lazer Z and yes it was a nice machine but I had to use my TTHP on the slopes because the Lazer just would not hold. Now all I use are w/b's with Proslides. Anything too steep, I walk, and any flat to mild slopes I ride. Best of both worlds, IMO.

scott's turf

LawnSite Senior Member
My lazer hp will wheelie before it slips when going straight up a hill. Occasionally is will slide when going side ways but I have always found them to hold the hill well. Going down hill is the most scary part of the ride.

mowerconsultant

LawnSite Fanatic
What you are describing is the exact reason why we designed, tested and built the Hustler Super ATZ.
Read about it here...do a search on LS here and you will see more pics and comments.
Call your dealer and get a demo.Hustler Super ATZ
superatz-image2.jpg

OP
T

TooTallLawncare

LawnSite Member
Can anyone offer any suggestions to beef up my existing Lazer Z to make it more hill worthy? What about bar tires? Has anyone ever tired that?

Top Forums