1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Zones don't matter!

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Chuck Sinclair, Jul 11, 2002.

1. Chuck Sinclair

Chuck Sinclair LawnSite Senior Member

I did a small garden design for a lady took it over to show her tonight, she looks at it and says the plants are too tall. Then she starts showing me plants from a book that she likes I told her those are for zones 4 thru 9 and we are zone 14 she looks at me and says zones don't matter! I told her I would get back to her.
    :rolleyes:

2. SCL

SCL LawnSite Senior Member

Kind of makes you wonder why they call sometimes. You'd plant them and then they'd bad mouth you when they croak anyway. Its a good way to develop a flat spot on your forehead:D

3. Stonehenge

Stonehenge LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

Plant them?

Sure, if you can find them. The nurseries around here will only risk a few zone 5 species. If I try to find something for zone 6, I'll be looking forever - it just can't be had.

Chuck, that sounds like a great example of a customer to walk away from. I've walked away from about a dozen projects/leads so far this year. If they look, walk, talk, smell like trouble......