• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Zoysia Fertilizer Question

moregreensc

LawnSite Member
Hey guys,
I have a client that is asking me to give some advice on what type of fertilizer he can use to green up the zoysia lawn once the growing season starts here in Columbia, SC. The turf is very thick and does not have a problem with weeds, he would just like to improve the appearance of the lawn. There is an irrigation system so water is also not an issue for him. I will not be spreading the fertilizer as we don't offer fert/weed services, I just take care of the lawn mowing but I would really like to be able to give him a good answer so he can get a successful result for his turf. I would also not mind taking care of a better looking lawn as that will just make me and my company look better to his neighbors and anyone who sees me maintaining the property :clapping: . So when would be a good time for him to apply the fertilizer and also what would the be best npk option of fertilizer to improve the appearance of the lawn. It gets weekly mowing so the grass growing fast is not a problem with him or me. I attempted to talk him into getting a soil test but he always say no thanks I guess he just wants an "easy" :hammerhead: route to greening up the turf. Any suggestions that I can tell him are greatly appreciated. Thanks for all the help in advance

OP
M

moregreensc

LawnSite Member
Nobody wants to throw out a quick answer?? I know I am going to get the "get a soil test" or "go get a fertilizer book and learn about it" responses but I am not interested in offering fertilizing service I would just like to have a good answer to give a client. ANYONE PLEASE??????

RAlmaroad

LawnSite Silver Member
Cash: Just outside of you in Rembert, SC is Modern Turf Co. They produce thousands of acres of Zoysia. They're great to help...google their site or call. I'm sure John will help you out. I have a little in front of my well house because Zoysia will take a lot of traffic and I treat it like St. Augustine.
Roy

OP
M

moregreensc

LawnSite Member
Cash: Just outside of you in Rembert, SC is Modern Turf Co. They produce thousands of acres of Zoysia. They're great to help...google their site or call. I'm sure John will help you out. I have a little in front of my well house because Zoysia will take a lot of traffic and I treat it like St. Augustine.
Roy
Thanks a ton Roy I will give them a call. Appreciate the info!