Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen a blower that mounts underneath when deck has been removed. I saw one a few years ago mounted under a exmark but cant seem to find the guy to see if he bought it or was homemade.

Thanks

· Registered
1,334 Posts
the only ones i have seen attatch to the front of a frontmount grasshopper, but you have to remove the deck.
looks kinda like a jet engine on the front

· Registered
2,185 Posts
Walker makes one also, but you need to remove the deck. My buddy has one and I do believe that you can actually blow the entire tree away:laugh::laugh: I have always wanted the power of a hurricane at my finger tips:weightlifter: If you though a 10 hp little wonder was powerful, imagin a 26 hp monster. It might just eat a little wonder. I know what's going on my santa list.

· Registered
2,928 Posts
there is a company that make one, it begins with an S, i thought it was selblo but i looked it up and cant find it. look up my post titled "ztr blower recommended". mine was a 16hp blower hitched to the back of my ztr. you can cut and blow at the same time. the best part about it was cutting the grass low so it would pic the leaves out of the grass, even the ones that had beendown for a while. makes fall cleanups a breeze, no pun intended

· Registered
1,334 Posts

· Registered
15,214 Posts
The one one that the original poster mentioned, I recall. the problem was, that the deck had to be removed on the ztr to install. well, once you do that, when reinstalled, it all has to be re-alligned and leveled again. The deck and blades can move about as much debris just as fast (and cleaner) than what these blowers would move.
With a Grasshopper, it is a different thing, beause the Grasshopper deck uninstalls and re-installs much easier. The blower that is mentioned by Grasshopper is not actually made by Grasshopper. It is a Buffalo turbine blower, which is completely different than any other type of blower. With these, they are not a simple impeller propulsion system. They are actually a turbine design and put out massive volumes of air.
One suggestion,..is if you are looking fore universal use and the ability to have a blower used on larger areas where a rider would be more labor efficient, you may want to look into the JRCO blower buggy. I have one and it does work well. It connects to the front of the ZTR, and the push blower sits on it, but down low where the blower sits. It is nice to have that ind of air power, and fingertip control of maneuverability. It hooks up and mounts the blower in about a minute or so.

· Registered
1,334 Posts
i demoed one at my dealers yearly show and it would blow cinder blocks across the ground.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.