1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

ZTR (Cub Cadet M72 Tank) Caster wheel yoke (need help)

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by CentralIL, Apr 19, 2010.

1. CentralIL

CentralIL LawnSite Member

I am trying to remove the caster wheel yoke on my Cub Cadet M72 Tank.
    After I remove the cotter pin and slotted nut. How do I get the yoke out of the Front Axel Assembly?

Here is a picture. My gut tells me to just use a block of wood and hammer it out, but I don't want to mess anything up.

Thanks in advance.

007.jpg

Last edited: Apr 19, 2010
  2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Use a block of wood and hammer it out....

3. Diesel59

Diesel59 LawnSite Member

Yup... block of wood and hammer.... just be careful not to mess up the threads

4. CentralIL

CentralIL LawnSite Member

I used a 3lb hammer and a block of wood last night and it would not budge. I did manage to split several pieces of wood.

Does anyone have any other tricks on how to get this out.

I am replacing the Yolk anyway, so the threads really aren't an issue.
    Thanks

5. Diesel59

Diesel59 LawnSite Member

If u aren't concerned with damaging it.... the Just beat it out with a sledge hammer. As long as the castle nut And cotter pin is removed. It should come out
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

Like what the others have said, I just replaced mine last week and had to really pound on it.

7. Jasonn B

Jasonn B LawnSite Member
    from USA

I got a flat tire a while back, got it fixed, and when I put the tire back on, I guess I didn't tighten the bolts up on the yoke fork enough. When I was mowing the other day, I noticed the bolt and nut was turning through the yoke, see pics here, http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?p=4415720&posted=1#post4415720

1) I'm guessing it's best to order a new yoke, around $75, or have my friend that can weld/fix anything? Of course I told him what happened, and he says he can fix it?

2) IF I order a new "yoke" is that all I need? The part you need to pound out with the threads, does a new one come with the new yoke?

3) What should that bolt/nut that goes through the yoke/wheel be torqued to? Mine got loose and caused this.

Last edited: May 18, 2012