• How has the weather been in your neck of the woods?
    We are looking for feedback from our membership to see how/what the weather has been like in your area. Please Click here to take our Winter Weather Survey, we would appreciate it.

ZTR from Alamia.com. Some assembly required !!

Turfer

LawnSite Member
Bigbob mentioned on an earlier post I made about assemblying equipment ordered from alamia. I called them and they said the Toro z master would need to have the wheels attached, steering mechanism attached and final set up. The savings by ordering from alamia vs. my local dealer would be around $900 due mainly to no tax.(shippin is free). What do you guys think ? Is dealer set up and support worth $900. I initially thought it was well worth it to order from alamia until bigbob mentioned set up. Your responses are appreciated as always.<br>

Charles

Moderator, Friend, Angel
Unless you are a mechanic. I think i would stick to a dealor too. i was interested in that site also until I read this

G

GrassRoots Lawn Care

Two hours max for setup, that's $450 an hour. I'll take that anyday. Having a local dealer for service after the sale is another thing. <p>----------<br>Mike Reynolds,<br>GrassRoots Lawn Care, Florida

Keith

LawnSite Platinum Member
Setup would be no problem, but I would still buy locally. Are you paying with a credit card or cash? Financing it would be difficult I would think. If financing like with Sheffield or something, your state would end up with a record of the purchase and you would have to pay sales tax anyway.