1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

ZTR from Alamia.com. Some assembly required !!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turfer, Jun 7, 2000.

1. Turfer

Turfer LawnSite Member

Bigbob mentioned on an earlier post I made about assemblying equipment ordered from alamia. I called them and they said the Toro z master would need to have the wheels attached, steering mechanism attached and final set up. The savings by ordering from alamia vs. my local dealer would be around $900 due mainly to no tax.(shippin is free). What do you guys think ? Is dealer set up and support worth $900. I initially thought it was well worth it to order from alamia until bigbob mentioned set up. Your responses are appreciated as always.<br>

2. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Unless you are a mechanic. I think i would stick to a dealor too. i was interested in that site also until I read this

3. GrassRoots Lawn Care

GrassRoots Lawn Care Guest

Two hours max for setup, that's $450 an hour. I'll take that anyday. Having a local dealer for service after the sale is another thing. <p>----------<br>Mike Reynolds,<br>GrassRoots Lawn Care, Florida

4. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Setup would be no problem, but I would still buy locally. Are you paying with a credit card or cash? Financing it would be difficult I would think. If financing like with Sheffield or something, your state would end up with a record of the purchase and you would have to pay sales tax anyway.