1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

ZTR Magazine

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Envy Lawn Service, Feb 11, 2003.

1. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I was reading the Super Z v/s Lazer HP thread when this occured to me.....

There should be a ZTR Magazine...

You know, like ATV magazine or whatever. They could do some good un-biased shootouts between brands and such. Long term service reports, you know things like that.

I for one would subscribe!

2. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you proposing a Consumer Reports type of magazine for the Landscape/Lawncare fields?
    Where do i send the check for my subscription???

:blob3:

3. The only way this will work, is if the magazine buys the mowers.

Jim K (Turf Mag) and I and many others tried, but none of the mgf wanted to partisipate.

4. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

Are they (turf mag.) still doing that article "Talking about my gear"?

I must not have renewed my subscription, haven't seen one in a long time.

5. Got to have people send in their stuff.

Subscription is free.

6. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Of course the magazine don't want to participate. They would start loosing add revenue from mower manufacturers. Why advertise in a magazine if your not picked as a good mower or if you are picked as a bad cutting/scalping,etc. mower.

7. Bigfoot

Bigfoot LawnSite Member

Such a magazine would make buying decisons easier for us but it could make or break manufacturers if the tests are accurate & fair. I don't see them wanting to take that chance. They also have to worry about the tests not being fair. The magazine would have to buy the mowers & not be paid for advertisements for this to work.

8. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

This would be a very pricey subscription fee for this "ZTR Magazine." The high price would be due to a limited subscriber base and very expensive equipment for the magazine to purchase for truly unbiased testing and reporting of results.

Gravely_Man

9. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

Why couldn't members of lawnsite,in same area,bring their equip. to a members place and compare each others??

10. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Envy

We're talking lawn mowers here bud...not 6 and 7 figure yachts!

Something like you're asking for I don't think will ever happen. It would be nice though for our benefit.