1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

ZTR or Walk Behind?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ztrguy, Jul 8, 2003.

1. ztrguy

ztrguy LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE FL

For next year I'm wanting to target the smaller yards. I want to be able to get in and out in 30 minutes or less. I'm tired of the headache and hassle of the bigger yards. So, for everyone w/ smaller yards which do you prefer: ZTR or Walk Behind? And why? I'm kinda leaning towards the Walk Behind b/c it may be a little easier getting into tighter places. Also, it won't leave as much of a track. What do you all think?

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

You Answered Part Of your Question Let Me Help you with the other Part.
    John

745resized.jpg

3. John Gamba

from ct

Try These!

ecs500res.jpg

4. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

John how soon are you going to get new pictures?:rolleyes:

5. John Gamba

from ct

As Soon As exmark changes The Look of the mowers :D

6. Turf Technologies

Turf Technologies LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

You really dont save time with a ZTR on small lawns. Alone with a 52 WB can can do 10 to 15 1/4 acre lawns in a day.

7. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Isn't it a bit "low class" to keep pushing the exmark stuff, when you're "on their website" as a spokes person. IMO, it's no different than "Exmark" themselves putting up the pics, which is just "bad taste". I'd think Exmark may feel a little ashamed having John put up the pics, while he's on their website, too.
    In fact, I thought we weren't allowed to do that anymore. Jody... what's the verdict?????

8. bayfish

bayfish LawnSite Senior Member

Leave John alone...I look forward to his posts everytime someone asks"What kind of mower should I get?" By the way, get a walkbehind for your business. I've never used an Exmark but I sure know what on looks like thanks to John. I likes my TORO's.

9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

As far as the original question,... what is shown is about your ultimate machine for these type of properties. Nothing better. I always encourage a wb as a first mower rather than a Z, for the mere fact of it's universal uses. A wb can go several places like dropping down into ditches and walking up hillsides that a Z couldn't think of doing. With space, turnaround time, and weight access being factors in doing these props, I feel a wb is the first choice in the way to go.;)

10. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Why?? What's the problem???? Shouldn't everyone know he's used on the Exmark website as a "quoted" LCO. Gosh, do you really think he's allow to say anything bad about Exmark, now that he's a spokes person?????