1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

ztr outfront aerator how much?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stevesmowing, Oct 20, 2004.

1. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

I am looking to see how much an aerator would cost to go in front of a ztr like one from Jrco or Gator Rotor. I have a Hustler Super Z I am looking to put it on.

2. Branchland

Branchland LawnSite Senior Member

I looked at my dealers about a month ago and they had the Gator Rotor. Had in at that time for about 2 weeks and sold only one. Said it was about $2500.00 if I remember correctly. Said the guy that bought it loved it. It works with a electric motor that actually raises the front wheels up so the weight of the front end is applying pressure to the pluger. At the end of a run just flip the switch to raise it, turn around and flip the switch to lower it. Wouldn't be time effectant on small yards. I might seriously look at them next year myself.

3. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Just throwing another one out there for ya to look at.

www.trac-vac.com makes one.

4. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

I saw that. any idea on their price?

5. stevesmowing

someone must have an idea how much these cost.

6. thisismurph

thisismurph LawnSite Member

Have a gator rator(like new) for sale right down the street from you $1700 pm me if interested

7. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Sorry Paul, I don't have any info on it.

8. jcb287

jcb287 LawnSite Member

The one from TRAC VAC runs $1500.00.

9. stevesmowing

how does it work in smaller places b/c you have to always stop and lift it up and then put it back down. Do you have any pictures. I would PM but its disabled now.

10. thisismurph

thisismurph LawnSite Member

It does best on lager properties, but can be used on smaller yard. Besides my lawn I only used it two times, I got so busy with lawn cutting I didn't have time to market it. It cost $2500 new and is a very well designed. for more info go to gator-rator.com. If your serious about buying one let me know and i will demo it for you as I am looking to free up some cash right now