1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

ztr striping kit

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawn perfection, May 15, 2003.

1. lawn perfection

lawn perfection LawnSite Senior Member

Can anyone help me? Looking for advice on chains or roller for striping.Which would work/look better. Going to use it on lazer 60in. Any pics would be appreciated.

2. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

My vote is the striping roller eXmark sells for that unit because it requires no modification, and mostly because it also acts as one big anti-scalp roller. I like rollers but none of the mowers I use now are floating decks, so any rollers I would use would have to be the kind that mount under the machine like Checkmate's (http://www.bigleaguelawns.com). I am not sure about that design because it seems like I could rip it off going over something that i normally lift the deck for, or backing up the trailer ramp, etc.

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Almost Everything Eris Said. exmarks striping Roller!

759500res.jpg

4. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

5. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh yeah,

Last year I had a Dixie and made a chain kit that looks very similar to the one that Dixie sells. It's not even close to having a roller kit.

Yes it does make that much difference, and I know all first hand! ;)

6. lawn perfection

lawn perfection LawnSite Senior Member

THANKS FOR THE ADVICE. SOUNDS LIKE I NEED A ROLLER. I JUST THOUGHT THE CHAINS WOULD BE MORE DURABLE UP AGANIST ROUGH GROUND, TURNING, LOADING ON TRAILER ETC.
    CRAZYGATOR I WILL E-MAIL YOU.
    THANKS AGAIN