ZTR trade in value thoughts

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by WGB, Oct 17, 2017.

1. WGB

WGB LawnSite Member

So I don't have the OPE black book for pricing. but I'm likely trading in my Z. No I can't and don't want to keep it as a back up.

It's a Husqvarna MZ-T 61" Kohler 27hp EFI - new retail 7K has 190 hours
    also have the collection system; Belt driven blower, solid tube and 9 bushel 3 bag was $1800 new has about 25 - 30 hours

It runs and works like it should and looks pretty good and is pretty clean.

The Z2 is 8500 retail plus some spare blades and belts.

Got any ideas on a ballpark trade number that's fair?

Thanks

2. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

they only give half what it's worth for a trade in. you are better off selling it yourself.

ltdlawn likes this.
  3. WGB

WGB LawnSite Member

I understand that but you also need to factor in the hassle of doing that. My part of the world is low income with a large population of moroons (polite description) and I don't want to deal with them.
    I also have no problem telling them no thanks, don't like that deal
    , I'll go elsewhere.

4. ltdlawn

ltdlawn LawnSite Bronze Member

If your trading in their buying to resale for a profit. If you can afford to, Try to do consignment so it's commission based.
    Your gonna take major hit on your vac/bag accessories.

5. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

well to give you an idea. i got a 2016 scag cheetah for $11k tax and all and the deere dealer was gonna give me $4000 for a trade in. it's only a year and a half old at 475hrs. doesn't seem even close to me. it's worth at least $8500-$9000. i still owe $7000 for it. they could at least give me that much. but no they don't. they will give me $4000 and sell it for $8000 or something like that and make a killing....so i didn't trade it in. :laugh:

6. WGB

WGB LawnSite Member

Sounds like trading cars, my least favorite thing to do. Going in the morning, I have numbers in mind so I'll post the results.

7. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

good luck. i was sort of shocked when they told me what they would give. it wasn't even close. i was willing to take a hit but not that much. $1500-$2000 less than it's worth ok but not $4000-$5000 less.

8. River

River LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Wisconsin

Honestly i’d put on craigslist and ebay for 6500. That’s about top dollar. dealer will probably offer you 4500 for it.

9. Hawkshot99

Hawkshot99 LawnSite Bronze Member

Right now is the worst time to trade a mower in. The dealer will not sell it till next spring. So he needs to be able to buy it cheap enough off of you to make it worth his time to sit on it for the next 6 months till march gets here.
    Go put it on various classifieds and see if you can sell yourself before net spring.

Ridin' Green likes this.
  10. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

yeah they will give you $1000 more in the spring but that's still not enough. :laugh: