1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

ztr's vs wb's

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by mowjoeman, Apr 6, 2004.

1. mowjoeman

mowjoeman LawnSite Member

i know it's a question thats been answered before - i'm going into my third season i have about 20 acc't give or take a few? and i want to buy new equipment. i'm not sure where i'm headed if it will be residential and comm, whatever pays the bills. But i realized that what i would end up paying buying 1 ztr 52" cut, i could possibly buy 2 wb's with decent sulkys and have 2 new machines for the approxmitley the same money? am i mistaken in my thinking? please reply - Joe

2. Firescapes

Firescapes LawnSite Member

All depends on the properties your cutting. Walk behinds are great and my choice because of my area and cheaper to purchase, easier to fix, and easier to teach how to operate. Less turf damage from the guys. If you're cutting large properties then ZT may be your answer. a lot of variables here

3. JWallace115

JWallace115 LawnSite Member

Great advice, but I'm guessing he made his decision already. Post is 13 years old.

Dandan111 likes this.
  4. Firescapes

Firescapes LawnSite Member

Why in the world was it first on the equipment thread!?!? Lol oops. Maybe he's still deciding. :)

Dandan111 and hort101 like this.
  5. kabrac

kabrac LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

Lol

hort101 likes this.
  6. hort101

hort101 LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from S.E. New England

Probably retired by now :)
    It's still a valid discussion for deciding between the twoThumbs Up

kabrac likes this.